Update: The easiest way to fix stop error 0×00000050 is to get help from a live technician. >Click Here< to have a live technician help you restore your computer to a working state.
Stop error 0×00000050 is a fairly common and annoying bsod error code. This error generally occurs when Windows crashes to prevent serious damage to your computer. This error is a good indication that you have major system stability problems that may lead to data loss and system corruption. That is why it is recommended that you fix Stop error right away.
The first step in fixing the 0×00000050 error is to find out exactly what is causing it. Follow the recommended fix instructions below.
Automatic Blue Screen Fix Instructions
Step 1. Click Here to Download and Install Re-Image Repair. Your computer might have to be in safe mode if this error is constantly occurring every time your computer starts up.
Step 2. Once Re-Image is installed on your computer, perform a full scan of your system. This will find not only the cause of your0x00000050 stop error, but anything else that might be wrong with your computer. i.e.- Viruses, Spyware, Malware, Corrupted files, etc.
Step 3. After the scan is complete, you will have to register the software to complete the fix. After registering the software click on fix and restart your computer. It should now be in full working order.
Reimage is widely used by PC technicians to fix Windows and remove errors. The tool is based on a patented technology that uses a new approach to repairing the system. Being the only program of the kind, Reimage is not just a registry or driver fix, PC optimizer or an anti-virus scanner. Unlike other system repair solutions, Reimage is an all-in-one fix for the whole system and the only tool that reverses the damage already done to your system (The comparison chart is given below)
Reimage is an all-in-one solution that repairs the whole system and even reverses the damage already done using a full online database of replacement files. The program’s functionality is not limited to a specific range of problems, like driver or registry issues, system settings or malware, but covers all of them.
Consequences of Error 0×00000050
- Affects overall performance of the system and results in poor performance (or no performance) of the Windows Operating System
- Makes users unable to update applications or download updates
- Reduces disk or storage space
- In critical situations it can lead to system crash or total system failure
- Leads to data loss situations
- Blue screen errors and system freezing occurs often
Possible Causes of Error 0×00000050
- Corrupt Windows Registry
- Bad or corrupt memory with error correction code problems
- Bad or faulty RAM
- Cache errors in the hardware or system processors
- System bus errors
- Incompatible or outdated drivers
If your computer is suffering from the 0×00000050 error then do not wait any longer, Click Here to Download and Install Re-Image Repair. You have nothing to lose, and a working computer to gain. The longer you let this problem sit, the more dangerous it can become to your computer. Fix Error 0×00000050 now.
Manual Blue Screen Fix Instructions
To resolve this problem, start your computer in Safe mode, remove the display adapter, rename the .inf files that are associated with the display adapter drivers, restart your computer in Normal mode, and then update your display adapter drivers. The following steps describe this procedure in more detail:
- Start Windows in Safe mode. To do so:
- Restart the computer, and then press F8 while the computer starts.
- On the Windows Advanced Options Menu that appears, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
- Use the ARROW keys to select the operating system to start, and then press ENTER to start Windows XP in Safe mode.
- In the message that states that Windows is running in Safe mode, click Yes.
- Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32 in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Under System Summary, expand Components, and then click Display.
- In the right pane, note the information that corresponds to the INF File item, for example, Nv4.inf, Oem0.inf, or Atim128.inf.
- Quit the System Information utility.
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click the display adapter, and then click Uninstall.
- Click OK.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each line:
ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.inf *inf.old
ren %systemroot%\inf\INF file name from Step 5.pnf *pnf.old
- Close all open windows, and then restart the computer in the typical manner.
- Log on to Windows by using an account that has administrative privileges, and then wait for Windows to detect new hardware.
- When the Found New Hardware Wizard starts, click Cancel.
If you receive a stop error after you remove the updated display drivers, restart the computer and use the Last Known Good Configuration option. To do this, restart the computer, and then press the F8 key while the computer starts. On the Windows Advanced Options Menu that appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
If you receive a “System Has Recovered from a Serious Error” message when Windows starts, restart the computer again. This error message does not recur.
- Obtain and install the latest drivers for your display adapter.For information about how to contact your computer manufacturer, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Original Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293
I hope that this tutorial has been very useful in helping you to fix your 0×00000050 Stop error.